Here are the Mommynificent girls working on their Five Minute Friday. They look forward to this every week.
What is Five Minute Friday kids’ edition?
Every week for over two years, hundreds of people have been joining a kind of writing flash mob over at lisajobaker.com, writing on a one-word prompt for five minutes and posting what they’ve written without prettifying it first. When I decided to join up with them, I thought it would be fun to include my three daughters. It seemed like a great journaling activity, and since they are always asking me if they can put things on my blog, I told them I’d take pictures of their work and post it here. After doing it for a few weeks, several people commented that they’d like their kids to join, so, with Lisa-Jo’s blessing, we decided to host a Five Minute Friday Kids’ Edition link-up right here.
Do your kids want to play along? Well, here’s this week’s link up.
It’s easy to join in, just:
- Check what the prompt is on Lisa-Jo’s blog.
- Have your kids write and/or draw a journal entry in only five minutes on that topic. Some people have their kids dictate while they scribe for 5 minutes.
- Take a picture or scan their paper, and post it on your blog. If you don’t have a blog and want to participate, please comment below and we’ll get in touch about what you can do.
- Link up your post here and invite friends to join in.
- Select the permalink to your post. (This needs to be the link to your actual post, not to your blog itself or your homepage.)
- Using the linky tool at the bottom of this Five Minute Friday Kids’ Edition post, enter your link. It will also walk you through selecting which photo you want to show up in the linky.
- Your post will show up in our Five Minute Friday Kids’ Edition link-up.
- Be sure and encourage the person who linked up before you by visiting their post and commenting!
We’ll be joining with Lisa-Jo’s most important requirement for participation: “There’s really only one absolute, no ifs, ands or buts about it Five Minute Friday rule: you must visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community.”