I am so thankful for the blessed life our family lives, and my heart’s desire is that my kids’ lives overflow with thankfulness! I want them to be the kind of people who give generously to others. As a family, we actually do a lot of tangible things to meet the needs of others, but there is always room for growth in that area.
I also want my kids to realize that praying is often the very best thing we can do for others! Prayer is not a cop-out; it is a strong and loving action. It is a powerful way of giving to the needs we see around us.
I’ve recently been asked to become a contributing writer on the website, One Fun Mom, and my first post appears there today. It’s entitled “5 Ideas to Engage Kids in Praying for the World.” I’d love it if you’d hop on over there to my post and let me know what you think!
I’ve done a couple of free printables over at Mommynificent as part of this series of Thanksgiving. While I was hunting for a certain quote I wanted to share there, I came across this amazing statement from Mother Teresa, “I’m a little pencil in the hand of a writing God, who is sending a love letter to the world.” Wow! As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to make a whimsical printable with it, hang it in our homeschool area, and share it here with you! I love how it turned out, and I hope you will too. (To download, right-click on the image below and choose “Save link as…” It is a picture file (.png) so you can print it in any size you wish.)
Would you like to join us for Thanksgiving season? Here are all the posts in this series so far:
- Introductory posts from Mommynificent and Desperate Homeschoolers
- A Canadian Thanksgiving with a free printable of Psalm 9:1 (over at Mommynificent)
- Helping Kids Learn to Pray for Others with a free printable of 1 Chronicles 29:14 (over at Mommynificent)
- 5 Ideas to Engage Kids in Praying for the World (over at One Fun Mom)
- A Love Letter to the World with a free Mother Teresa quote printable
- Togetherness at Thanksgiving (over at Mommynificent)
- Quality Time vs. Quantity Time with a free printable
- A Malaysian Thanksgiving with a free printable of Psalm 50:23 in multiple languages (coming soon over at Mommynificent!)
- A Grenadian Thanksgiving, guest-written by my friend Sarah who is currently living in Grenada and coming soon to Mommynificent. I’m super excited about this one as I didn’t even know Grenada had their own Thanksgiving! I can hardly wait to read her post. You can get to know Sarah on her blog, sarahfaithhansen.com.
You can join our Facebook communities, Mommynificent and Desperate Homeschoolers, to keep up with our Thanksgiving season happenings! You can also subscribe to receive free emails from Mommynificent and Desperate Homeschoolers in your inbox so you don’t miss a post.
Finally, please share about this series by pinning, sharing on Facebook and Twitter, and linking back to this post! You are welcome to grab the button and share the inspiration!