Last week, I explained why we left the Sonlight fold this year and told you we had chosen a new curriculum. Are you ready for the big reveal? Our new curriculum is…. drum roll, please….
As I said last week, so far, I have been really impressed not only with Winter Promise’s choice of books, but especially with their notebooking pages. I like how they have the kids interacting with what they are learning in various ways. I also love the looseleaf timeline so that notebooking pages can be added in the appropriate years. I actually cut apart our spiral-bound Sonlight timelines so we could do this without having to buy new timeline pages and start over, but when the time comes for my littler ones to start their timelines, I’ll be buying the looseleaf ones from Winter Promise for sure.
Other things I like about Winter Promise so far include:
- I really like how the language arts programs coordinate with the themes.
- I like that they have made adjustments so that kids with a wider age gap can do the same curriculum. We are doing the All-American 2 theme which is suitable for children grades 2-8.
- I like that much of the curriculum is available electronically. While my kids do appreciate real books they can hold, I appreciate that I have the option of buying many of Winter Promise’s resources electronically, including the instructor’s guides and schedules. This feature alone saved us a lot in shipping costs this year!
- I like their website. I find it easy to navigate and find the information I’m looking for. I also love that they offer free samples of so many of their products! This really helped me in my decision-making process.
- I have been thrilled with the customer service! When I was first looking into making the switch, I came across quite a few blogs that mentioned that Winter Promise’s customer service was lacking. I was quite nervous about this and almost didn’t switch because of it, but I really liked the curriculum so I did it. I have had to communicate with them about several different things and their response has been amazing, far exceeding my expectations! I usually receive an email response within 24 hours, and I feel they have bent over backwards to help me every time. So if you come across any negative comments about their customer service, please assume they are old news and have been fixed more than adequately!