Welcome to Day 3 of our contributions to the Schoolhouse Review Crew’s 5 Days of Tips for Homeschool Parents Blog Hop! I hope you are as excited as I am to hear today’s tips from 9-year old Middlenificent! (And if you’re wondering why you are hearing from my kids rather than from me, check out my explanatory post from Day 1.)
Middlenificent’s Tips for Homeschool Parents
Middlenificent actually made a list of twenty tips and then only recorded the first ten in her video. I thought the last ones were insightful so I’m including them in the text here. I’m also including affiliate links to her favorite curricula that she recommends. I too love and highly recommend her choices!
- Make sure to give your kids their own space to work in.
- Give them plenty of time with you so you can explain any things that they don’t understand.
- Make sure that they have plenty of time to do their work.
- Give them time on the computer to do any computer activities they need to do.
- My favorite curriculum for math is Life of Fred.
- My favorite curriculum for writing is Here to Help Learning. (Mom’s note – You can see our review of this curriculum here.)
- Give them prizes or a goal and when you get there, give them ice cream.
- Give them marshmallows every day… (5 times!)
- Don’t use threats.
- Do not use chores.
- Let them have music lessons.
- Give lots of recess time.
- Keep the journaling light.
- Give them time with friends.
- Live in a neighborhood with lots of kids.
- Take them to candy land. (Mom’s note – I have no idea what this is. I’ll have to ask!)
- Let them do anything they want for subjects.
- Don’t limit subjects.
- Don’t limit snack.
- Don’t have a big class.
And now, here’s her video for your enjoyment! If you can’t get this to play here on the blog, you can hop over to YouTube and watch it there.
I hope you enjoyed hearing Middlenificent’s big ideas! If you missed Bignificent’s ideas yesterday, you can watch them here. And please come back tomorrow for our next video of Tips for Homeschool Parents…from Homeschool Kids! We think you’re going to love it!
And don’t miss out on all the other posts in this round up. Each day, I’ll be sharing links to some of the other bloggers participating. I certainly can’t wait to read their posts, and I know you’ll be blessed by them as well!
Melissa @ Grace Christian School
Michele @ Family, Faith and Fridays
Missica @ Through the Open Window
Monique @ Mountain of Grace Homeschooling
Rebekah @ There Will Be A $5 Charge For Whining
Renita @ Krazy Kuehner Days
Sarah @ Renaissance Mama
Sasha @ Such a Time as This
Tawnee @ Adventures in Homeschooling
Tiffany @ The Crafty Home
Tina @ Desperate Homeschoolers
See you tomorrow!!!