Welcome to Day 4 of our contributions to the Schoolhouse Review Crew’s 5 Days of Tips for Homeschool Parents Blog Hop! I hope you are as excited as I am to hear today’s tips from 5-year old Littlenificent! (And if you’re wondering why you are hearing from my kids rather than from me, check out my explanatory post from Day 1.)
Littlenificent’s Tips for Homeschool Parents
I served as a scribe for Littlenificent’s tips and helped her by asking questions when she got stumped a few times, but these are all her own ideas.
- Be sure to give your kids lots of breaks, like ten breaks every morning.
- They should have lots of coloring sheets to do.
- Give them snack at 10:00.
- Read books that aren’t scary.
- Choose books that are interesting with lots of pretty pictures.
- 10 hours of screen time is too much. 5 is better. (Mom’s note – I’m still laughing about this one!)
- They should each have their own desk that they clean themselves every day.
- Give them a rest time after lunch to lay down. They should try to sleep, but if they can’t, stay laying down and try and try. (Mom’s note – Interestingly enough, while we do have a quiet time each day, Littlenificent is allowed to read the whole time. We don’t actually have this rule, so I’m wondering if she’s trying to tell me something here!)
- Be sure to take them to church so they can have friends.
- Give them chocolate every day.
And now, here’s Littlenificent’s video for your enjoyment! If you can’t get this to play here on the blog, you can hop over to YouTube and watch it there.
I hope you enjoyed hearing Littlenificent’s big ideas! If you missed the older girls’ ideas the past two days, you can watch them here and here. Please come back tomorrow for our wrap-up post of Tips for Homeschool Parents…from Homeschool Kids!
And don’t miss out on all the other posts in this round up. Each day, I’ll be sharing links to some of the other bloggers participating. I certainly can’t wait to read their posts, and I know you’ll be blessed by them as well!
Annette @ A Net In Time
Brandy @ Kingdom Academy Homeschool
Brenda @ Counting Pinecones
Carol @ Home Sweet Life
Cassandra @ A Glimpse of Normal
Chareen @ Every Bed of Roses
Cristi @ Through the Calm and Through the Storm
Crystal @ Crystal Starr
DaLynn @ Biblical Womanhood
Danielle @ Sensible Whimsy
See you tomorrow!!!